- 3 sticks of Parkay butter @ room temperature
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of plain/baking flour [I use White Lily - remember: use plain - not the self rising!]
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 5 large eggs @ room temperature
- 1 [8 oz] package of cream cheese @ room temperature
- Dash or pinch of salt
Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy [about 5 minutes]. Add salt and vanilla. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Slowly mix in flour. Continue to mix all ingredients well, then pour batter into a floured, 10 inch, tube/bunt pan. Bake @ 325 for 1 hour [may be less or more baking time, depending on oven and altitude]. Don't over cook cake, it will be done when the middle is firm and the top is lightly browned.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 stick of Parkay butter @ room temperature
- 1 [8 oz] package of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 box of confectioner's sugar
If you buy the bags of confectioner's sugar, use 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 cups of sugar.
This recipe for Cream Cheese icing will cover two or three cakes - so if you are going to make just 1 cake, half the recipe.
Double your Pound Cake recipe and bake two cakes - eat one now and put the other one in the freezer.